Separate Souls is a story project that is currently only very loosely formed in my head, having originally started out as literally just a list of various fantasy setting characters I had lying around/would occasionally reuse for roleplays. But I'll try to summarize it anyway.
Set in the country of Castalandt, several different stories are set in motion at various points across the expansive Kingdom. A foreign priestess in distress and her unlikely rescuers, a pair of odd guardians protecting a mysterious treasure horde from outsiders, an ex-teacher struggling to control an impoverished barony housing a magical secret, an orphan investigating a prestigous academy with a dark history, a runaway princess and the panic that's left in her wake; although disconnected at first glance, the motley assortment of characters are all linked to one another via a forbidden power, and the ever-present threat of mana corruption.
Here is some art for you to browse:
- Royal Family. From 2021. A group shot of the current royal family of Castalandt, which I did after redesigning most of them. I imagine they don't all get together like this very often, but I wanted to see how all their new designs looked next to one another.
- Shitty Wizard Cosplay. From 2020. Gemma is dressed as Pondergast, a character made by Anders, so you can blame them for the socks with sandals. The awful color scheme, however, is entirely my fault.
- Horns. From 2020, just Gemma with various different horns, drawn for fun. She has an earth affinity, so it fits.
- Dressing Up Leon. From 2020. Very sketchy, but I wanted to redesign Leon, and drew him in a couple of different outfits... This is the design I wound up settling on, but I haven't drawn the poor man since!
- Wrilnora Workwear. From 2020, it's Wrilnora in adventuring gear. This is also one of my earlist CSP drawings.
- Gemma - 25 Expressions Meme. From 2020. Since most of these are emotions she shouldn't have, the link will show you a censored version.
- Outfit Meme Gemma. From 2020, it's Gemma in an outfit from a tumblr art meme. I think the coat might be too big for her.
- Monster Vibes. From 2020. This was originally inspired by the song Monster by an artist by Kira- I don't think the song as a whole quite fits Blanche, but a few of the lines did. I originally drew some of the lyrics on top of the picture but then I realized I liked the picture better without the text...
- Fashionable Blanche. From 2020. Just a Blanche in some rather modern attire.
- Zarra Sprite Attempt. From 2020. If Separate Souls ever becomes anything, I think a visual novel is most likely, so this was me trying to figure out if I could draw character sprites. Since Zarra's a dark-skinned character I also wanted to practice getting the lighting and shading right on dark skin.
- Three Foolish Souls. CW: Non-explicit nudity. From 2020, a sort of riff on the three wise monkeys maxim. Individually, the pieces are Do Not Look, Do Not Listen, and Do Not Speak. The characters were drawn nude to try and give a kind of vulnerable feel, but without nipples because social media is tetchy about ~female presenting nipples~ and if Gemma and Blanche weren't allowed to have nipples it wasn't fair to let Amantius have any either.
- Bunny Godfrey. From 2020, for a twitter event where people would draw their male OCs in bunny outfits. I thought it would be fun to reinterpret that for something cutesy instead of fanservice. Amusingly, the cutesy Godfrey picture got more attention than the fanservice-y one I drew for Kev. I'm not sure if it's because of the novelty, or if I'm better with cute things than sexy things, or a bit of both.
- Bunny Kev. From 2020. CW: Mild sexual content. Drawn for a twitter event wherein people would draw their male OCs in bunny outfits.
- Blanche's Rose Garden. From 2020. She has a massive garden hidden somewhere near Queen's Bed, which is where her roses grow, regardless of the season. I also saved an uncolored version of this, because I like how it turned out.
- Flying Wrilnora. From 2020. Tried drawing Wrilnora in her full-on dragon mode, using photos of birds as a reference- of course, birds, unlike most dragons, do not have six limbs to contend with, so I wasn't sure what to do with her arms.
- Foolish Sibling! From 2019, it's Sophronia and Grayson, which I drew for an Inktober attempt. They're arguing, as they so often do...
- Ribbon Choosing. From 2019, a little piece of Divya and Eglantina I drew for an attempt at Inktober. It's a rare appearance of a happy Eglantina.
- Dressy Gemma and Wrilnora. From 2019. I wanted to draw Wrilnora in a cute, vaguely lolita kind of dress. Her style's generally pretty butch, but if she wore a dress I felt it'd be like this. Gemma gets to be there too, and I'm amused by how short she is next to Wrilnora.
- Bratty Royalty. From 2019. More crossover art with Abi's Dragonsbayne characters, it's Eglantina with Geel. I don't think they'd get along terribly well.
- Gemma Room Sketches. From 2019. I'm not confident in my environment drawing, especially back then, but I wanted to try showing off a bit of her character via designing her room... Essentially it's just a sparse, practical sort of underground room, with old, shabby-but-sturdy furniture.
- The Not-Many Expressions of Gemma. From 2019. Gemma doesn't have many emotions, but she does have a FEW, so I drew what is essentially her entire range, partly as a joke, but also as a genuine exercise.
- A Kevamros and a Fairy. From 2019. This little drawing features Vanille, a character of Abi's from Dragonsbayne. They're from entirely separate stories so it's not canon per se, but I do think in a crossover Kevamros would definitely find her attractive, even if Vanille would be unlikely to return his regard.
- Control Through Passivity. From 2019. This was originally drawn as a cover for a mix I made for Gemma and published on 8tracks. The website has since gone down (and up, but with caveats etc.) so I'm not gonna bother linking it, but I still like the art a lot... It might be my favorite picture of Gemma, actually.
- Older Alder. From 2019. A very quick and sketchy concept for, well, an older version of Alder. I'd probably draw him differently now, but I'm oddly fond of this picture.
- Appreciate a Dragon. From 2019. A silly little Wrilnora-and-Gemma comic drawn for twitter.
- Kisses One, Two, and Three. From 2018. The pairings and the character designs are non-canon, due to the designs being outdated and the kisses were just drawn for fun for a small tumblr event.
- Christmas 2017. As you might guess, from 2017. An earlier drawing of Wrilnora and Gemma, before I gave Wrilnora feathered wings.